25 Oct 2011

Oi Mate You're Bard!!!

I know its not strictly 'art' in a stuff on canvas kinda way but there is a new film out which is the arts and it's about Shakespeare and plays are in the arts, so lets just say for the sake of argument, and I do love a good argument that it is all art!
The new film explores the idea that Shakespeare did not actually write all those lovely plays. I love a bit of Shakespeare me but I am not that bothered if he wrote them or not, surely the main point is the wonderful body of work.
The people who are most up in arms are the shops and business's in Stratford-Upon-Avon, think of the tea towel sellers, and all those pubs!!!!
The film anonymous looks great but I don't think it will have too much impact on Shakespeare legacy, and as the film looks great it's always worth a look!

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts




No comments:

Post a Comment